Wednesday, April 29, 2009

BOLO, New Scam

This BOLO,(Bent Oak Look Out) is a new scam that is around, please be on guard... Dave

Fake security guy
running scam
Last Edited: Wednesday, 29 Apr 2009, 5:22 PM EDT
Created On: Wednesday, 29 Apr 2009, 4:56 PM EDT

By SHAY HARRIS | FOX 35 News
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - A bogus security guy is knocking on doors trying to rip people off saying he's with ADT but he's not.

For fifteen years Jeff Saeli has lived in the Waterford Chase community. He says it’s a nice neighborhood; but, not immune to crime. So he wasn’t surprised when a con-man came calling this week. “He came around right at the time we were sit down for dinner, he knocked on the door. He mentioned to me that he was here because of increased crime in the area and that ADT had sent them out and to write a service for us.”

Saeli says the stranger wore an ADT security uniform and went door to door pretending to make a sales and upgrades. “First of all there shouldn’t be any solicitation in this neighborhood I believe it’s on one of the signs on the subdivision; I don’t usually talk to people who come to the door.”

Saeli was not sure whether the man was able to convince anyone to give him money or access to their homes; but, the man didn’t get past his front door. “I’m suspicious of anyone coming to the door anyhow and I don’t like people coming to the door anyhow and I don’t let people in the house and I don’t previously set up so I told him I wasn’t interested, he was little insistent I told him no thank you he went on his way.”

FOX 35 has calls into the Orange County Sheriff's Office to find out what they're doing about the bogus security workers. Meanwhile, an ADT spokesperson says the company would never send someone to your home on a cold-call without making an appointment.

No comments: